Java For Artists: The Art, Philosophy, And Science Of Object-Oriented Programming
Java For Artists: The Art, Philosophy, And Science Of Object-Oriented Programming, towers head and shoulders above ordinary introductory Java texts in its comprehensive coverage and audacious style. Java For Artists is the only book of its kind that succinctly addresses the art, philosophy, and science of Java and object-oriented programming. The authors, both certified Java developers, are uniquely qualified to present material other books shy away from or ignore completely. Java For Artists will help you smash through the barriers preventing you from mastering the complexities of object-oriented programming in Java. Start taming complexity now! Read Java For Artists today – energize you programming skills for life!
Note: This edition is rather dated and can be downloaded for free via this link: Java For Artists
Get the source: Source
Java For Artists offers the following features:
- Supercharge your creative energy by recognizing and utilizing the power of the “flow”.
- Learn a development cycle you can actually use at work.
- Comprehensive programming project walk-through shows you how to apply the development cycle.
- Project Approach Strategy helps you maintain programming project momentum.
- Java Student Survival Guide helps you tackle any project thrown at you.
- Apply real-world programming techniques to produce professional code.
- In-depth coverage of arrays eliminates their mystery.
- Create complex GUIs using Swing components.
- Learn the secrets of thread programming to create multi-threaded applications.
- Master the complexities of Java generics and learn how to create generic methods.
- Discover three object-oriented design principles that will greatly improve your software architectures.
- Learn how to design with inheritance and composition to create flexible and reliable software.
- Create well-behaved Java objects that can be used predictably and reliably in Java applications.
- Reinforce your learning with the help of chapter learning objectives, skill-building exercises, suggested projects, and self-test questions.
- Packed with 134 tables, 477 figures, and 410 code examples containing over 7500 lines of code.
- All code examples were compiled, executed, and tested before being used in the book to ensure quality.
- And much, much, more…!