C# For Artists: The Art, Philosophy, And Science Of Object-Oriented Programming, Second Edition
C# For Artists: The Art, Philosophy, And Science Of Object-Oriented Programming, Second Edition, powers beyond ordinary introductory texts in its comprehensive coverage and audacious style. C# For Artists is the only book of its kind that succinctly addresses both the theoretical and practical aspects of C#.NET and object-oriented programming. Rick Miller presents material other authors shy away from or ignore completely. C# For Artists will help you smash through the barriers preventing you from mastering the complexities of object-oriented programming with C# and Microsoft’s .NET Framework. Start taming complexity now! Read C# For Artists today – energize your programming skills for life!
Chapter 2 Updated for 3rd Edition: Chapter 2 3rd Edition Draft V5
Chapter 4 Updated for 3rd Edition: Chapter 4 3rd Edition Draft V5
Chapter 5 Updated for 3rd Edition: Chapter 5 3rd Edition Draft V5
Chapter 6 Updated for 3rd Edition: Chapter 6 3rd Edition Draft V5
Chapter 8 Updated for 3rd Edition: Chapter 8 3rd Edition Draft V5
C# For Artists, 2nd Edition, offers the following features:
- C# Student Survival Guide helps you tackle any project thrown at you.
- Supercharge your creative energy by recognizing and utilizing the power of the “flow”.
- Learn a development methodology you can actually use at work.
- Comprehensive programming project walk-through shows you how to apply the development cycle.
- Project Approach Strategy kickstarts your creativity and helps maintain programming project momentum.
- Apply real world programming techniques to produce professional code.
- In-depth coverage of single- and multidimensional arrays eliminates their mystery.
- Create complex GUIs using System.Windows.Forms components.
- Learn the secrets of thread programming to create multithreaded applications.
- Master the complexities of generic collections and learn how to create generic methods.
- Discover three object-oriented design principles that will greatly improve your software architectures.
- Learn how to design with inheritance and composition to create flexible and reliable software.
- Create well-behaved objects that can be used predictably and reliably in C# .Net applications.
- Learn how to use MSBuild to manage large programming projects.
- Create multitiered database applications with the help of Microsoft’s Enterprise Library.
- Master the use of the singleton, factory, model-view-controller, and command software design patterns.
- Reinforce your understanding of the material with the help of chapter learning objectives, skill-building exercises, suggested projects, and self-test questions.
- Packed with numerous tables, lots of pictures, and tons of code examples — over 7,500 lines of code.
- All code examples were compiled, executed, and tested before being used in the book to ensure quality.
- And much, much, more…!
C# For Artists also shows you how to…
- Build network applications using sockets and .NET remoting
- Use database scripts to better control database development projects
- Build a multitiered database application using Data Access Objects (DAOs), Business Objects (BOs), and .NET remoting
- Build a .NET remoting client application with a rich GUI interface that employs layouts and DataGridView components that interact with database server applications
- Use Microsoft Build (MSBuild) to automatically control and build complex .NET applications
- Use a Microsoft Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block (DAAB) Database object to automatically manage database connections and connection pooling
- Create and use configuration files to configure .NET remoting and database applications
- Learn Unified Modeling Language (UML) class and sequence diagram terminology
- Learn to create custom events with delegates